Monday, January 14, 2008

I couldn't possibly agree more ... but what is this, a political debate? I'd like to thank my beautiful wife and CNN?

I think that ministry is best when intergenerational ... but ... I feel that I could be talking about communism - I love it in theory; I haven't seen it work yet.

In my uber conservative class we talked about Jackson Pollock. The teacher was just too old and too conservative to get it. He saw no beauty ... and couldn't even admit that it was art. I was so pissed off I wanted to vomit (well, I wanted to vomit because I was sick, but his analysis didn't help.) I think sometimes that the leadership of the church is too old to understand what I need. And yeah, I'll be the first to say that it's self centered to think in these terms, but I can't help but think that any other thought is equally disasterous.

If we keep doing what we're doing we'll have no church in another 30 years.

So - my idea is simple. New churches that cater specifically to young people. My generation is the king of start-ups. We don't want to have to fight great aunt mildred for the right to play a damn guitar solo ... we want something new and fresh that speaks to us ... now ... how to temper that with wisdom?
boink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home